Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Art Life

I gave a class at my studio to some wonderful folks last week, including my grandaughter, who is 16 years old and another visiting teen. The class was an abbreviated version of my upcoming class at Art-Is-You Stamford, CT, October 7-9. Sort of a trial run to make sure my instructions were good and I had the right supplies.

One of my class samples for Paint Primer on Primitive


It is alway fun to see what students create from your original concept for a new class and this was no exception. Only a few in the class had made a doll before, and this is a grouping of what was produced. Some are not quite finished, but they are stunning and unique! One person even made a mermaid....

My grandaughter gave me permission to share her work....

Definitely a modern twist on Primitive. 


Finished paintings layed out on the table...

I decided to demonstrate a more modern version of a primitive doll and painting, 
to show how early American primitive style can be done with a twist.


I hope you will consider joining me in Stamford, CT for 
October 7-9, 2015!





No comments:

Post a Comment